If you are ready to treat your halitosis, then you have come to the right place! Halitosis, also known as persistent bad breath, can be embarrassing in the personal and adult work-life. Furthermore, halitosis can also be a warning sign other troubles are not far behind in your oral health.
Our dentist, Dr. John Aston, can help you treat your halitosis. That is why our team at JDA DMD, LLC in Ridgewood, New Jersey, is excited to help you learn more about how to treat it.
Here is a list of resources that may help you treat your halitosis:
– Tongue-scraper: Your tongue is thick and bumpy making it easy for any bacteria to hide, which is why a tongue-scraper may be wise to clear away new bacteria.
– Mouthwash: Mouthwash is known to kill bacteria and neutralize acids that could cause bad breath.
– Brush and floss your teeth: Brushing twice a day and flossing thoroughly will reduce the plaque buildup and wash away any bacteria producing halitosis.
– Abandon tobacco: Tobacco triggers halitosis and is also tremendously unhealthy, making it ideal to quit tobacco use of any kind.
– Dental check-ups: If you visit your dentist regularly, your dentist can check up on your oral health and help you fight any problems associated with it.
– Sugarless gum: Sugar-free gum helps saliva production that keeps your breath fresh.
If you are struggling with bad breath and need additional help in overcoming it, please call us today at 201-444-1048 to make an appointment. Our dental team is trained to help you and we are happy to help you with any oral health questions or concerns you may have about your smile.