If you are showing any signs of tooth enamel wear or decay, it is important to take the necessary steps to eliminate the causes. This is important as it can cause dental erosion to continue and lead to deep holes in your tooth enamel known as cavities. Listed below are a few helpful tips for cavity prevention:
– After eating, try using therapeutic mouthwash to clean out your mouth. This can not only help with rinsing away bad bacteria and food particles, but it can also help limit your risk for plaque buildup and gum disease.
– Always make sure you are visiting your dentist as needed to ensure that your cleaning techniques are working effectively.
– Eat a healthy diet that is filled with enamel-building minerals such as calcium and phosphorus. Additionally, avoid acidic products and other substances such as sugar, which are known causes of dental erosion and cavities.
– Floss every day and brush your teeth at least twice a day as well.
– Try chewing sugarless gum after meals as a supplemental cleaning tool to help keep your smile safe from the risk of cavities.
– Avoid sticky products that are known to linger in your mouth long after eating them as they can help increase the rate at which tooth decay occurs.
With the skilled expertise of our team, we can make sure you receive the oral health care and cavity prevention treatments you need. Dr. John Aston and our team can be reached by calling us at 201-444-1048 to schedule an appointment to visit us at our dentist office in Ridgewood, New Jersey.